The Sporty Sling Backpack is a Sulky EXCLUSIVE pattern that is only available with the purchase of this kit. When you receive your kit there will be a direct link for full step-by-step instructions and patterns from Sew4Home. This handy kit includes the hardware and specialty products you need to create this beautiful bag, packaged conveniently together so you don’t have to hunt for each item, (see below). This backpack will make a great addition to your sporty wardrobe or a fabulous gift for your friends and family!
Watch our webinar on How To Make Box Corners - Go from 2D to 3D is easy! When you want to turn a flat rectangle into something with dimension add boxed corners! Learn two ways to turn a simple sewen corner into a boxed corner (the basic box corner and the cut-out box corner) - Create all shapes and sizes of baskets and boxes - Go large or small: slim sling, generous tote, even the base of triangle pouch. Plus, 2 techniques: The simple box corner and the cut-out box corner and the formulas to determine the cut width and height.
Items in the Kit:
- Fusible Warm Fleece 1
- Sulky Fuse ’n Stitch
- ¼”-diameter cording
- Black cord lock
- ¼” metal grommets with setting tool
- Direct link for full step-by-step instructions and patterns from Sew4Home (Retail Value $5.99)
- The Sew4Home Bags & Totes book for future inspiration
- 1 yard of 44”+ wide twill weight fabric for the exterior; (Acute Formica in Green/Natural from Premier Prints)
- 5/8 yard of 44”+ wide quilting weight cotton for the lining; (Kona Cotton in Natural)
- The Sew4Home featured fabrics - Premier Prints Acute Formica Green Natural (exterior) and Kona Cotton Natural (lining), paired with two 7” YKK zippers in gunmetal.