SEASONS WITH SULKY
Amazing Artist and Designer, Carol Ingram, has once again created a breathtaking art wall hanging that is astoundingly simple and as always, magnificent. She has designed this for your inner artist (you know, the one that is always trying to get out). Gorgeous! Next, Evelyn Byler, Designer for Sulky and Sample-Maker Extraordinaire, has designed this creative calendar holder for you that can be used again and again, year after year. Join Ellen Osten as she presents this sensational and creative project for the “Seasons of Life" Perpetual Calendar Holder.
A sample of the techniques you will learn – crayon art, artistic placement of landscape and snippet elements, two-color binding, turned applique, asymmetrical borders, fringed 3-D flowers and so much more!
6 Week Course
What You'll Learn:
- Six Week Course with 25 machine art techniques & 5 complete classes
- Taught by Ellen Osten, Director of Education for Sulky of America
- Downloadable, step-by-step, online video demonstrations
- Downloadable manual of complete instructions
- Work at your own pace, 24-hour access to all materials
Designer Carol Ingram has created a breathtaking art wall hanging that is astoundingly simple and as always, magnificent. You have the option of doing a small 9" x 18" section of the wall hanging or the entire art piece. This allows you to make this in a single one-day class or in several sessions. All techniques will be covered in the smaller version.
- Fun and easy Crayon Art
- Using crayons to create shading and depth and a “hand-painted" background
- Artistic placement of landscape elements
- Artistic use of snippets
- Artistic free-motion work to highlight the landscape elements
- Asymmetrical borders and bindings
- Perfect Magical Bindings every time
- 2-Color Bindings
- Conversion to either a large or small wallhanging
- Adding a Sleeve to your wallhanging
Evelyn Byler, Designer for Sulky, has designed this creative calendar holder for you that can be used again and again, year after year.
- Magical Easy, Turned-Appliqué using a Water Soluble or Fusible Stabilizer
- Fusible Turned Appliqué
- Blanket Stitch Appliqué
- Couching Yarns
- Raw-Edge Zig-Zag Appliqué
- Adding Bling
- Fringed 3-D Flowers
- Creating Yarn Woven Pieces using Sulky 12 wt. Cotton Blendables and Yarns
- Buttonhole Tricks (can be made with or without buttonholes)
- Twisted Yarn Hanger
- Turned, Pieced Background
- Easy Totally-Stable™ Iron-On Patterns
Only the "Summer" panel needs to be completed for certification.